Thursday, October 15, 2009

Fetching Rocks

Now, today was one of those days when you know you've worked too hard when the dog's says it's time to get feed and it felt like maybe 11AM! Of course you realize it's been raining all day & no doubt the Sammy & Bentley (the dogs) have learned they will go for a walk after dinner. So there's no getting out of the rain routine today or for the next four days according to Google Weather Report! They may have learned that after dinner we all go walking, but no one has learned I go through the door first. Why don't they remember this? My neighbors have probably set the clocks to watch me foolishly being pulled sled-dog style down the steps. I really don't always feel like going this walk thing every day, but hey, we're all good Mom's and our husbands know we can multi-task ANYTHING! Right?
Now speaking of multi-tasking, Mutley, my Jack Russel, has found new ways to intertain me during our twice a day walk. Please don't let him find a ROCK! The new found rock must come home with us or he's not moving! How unfair is this. Now my neighbors really have a new-found opinion of the lady next door that can't afford a ball for her (crazy) dog! He has to play with rocks. Oh-Boy does he take this serious too! Today a neighbor was driving by at the right time to see Mutley struggling with this rock, in the middle of the road & refused to leave it. I, being a good Mommy, had to pick it up, smile like this is so much fun and take the damn rock home. I now have, of various sizes, a collection of rocks building in my yard.
I just think my next step as a professional woman would be to paint names on the damn rocks and call them Mutley's pet(rocks).
Tomorrow mornings coffee will start a new day of business and of course rock collecting, in the RAIN!

Diane

No comments: